Saturday, June 12, 2010

forgotten?

all is great. most everything is back to perfect...my version of perfect anyway.

babies are growing like weeds. i occasionally get a twinge for one more baby, hopefully a girl. yes. true. until i remember. it is not (really) up to me/us if we want more children. and i know i will never ever do IVF again. the mere thought of the semi-full needle recepticle in my cabinet makes me cringe. i will never give myself another PIO shot. or subcutaneous shot. not for a baby.

i know i will forever remember that time in my life. and be grateful each day for these 3 beautiful children. three! i have 3 children. but know i am in a good place. am a great mom again.

life is good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I stumbled upon your blog by accident, and wanted to let you know how glad I am that I did. Reading through some of it is like reading something I have written myself... so many similarities. I am 32 and have 5 year old boy/girl twins. I struggled through infertility to have them, and vowed to never go through IF treatments again.... but I knew deep down I always wanted just 1 more child. We started IVF over a year ago, and boy, what a difficult struggle round 2 was for us. I went thru failed cycles and 2 miscarriages (one was identical twins at 11 weeks), and now, finally, after such a long battle again, I'm pregnant 20w pregnant with twin boys.

I think about IF every day too. I think about how unfair it is that I had to go through so much to have what came so easily to so many others.... but I also feel thankful to be able to become a parent at all. Some never get to experience that joy. My IF and losses are still so fresh in my mind, but I concentrate on my sweet 5 year olds and my baby boys to be. One of my babies also has a choroid plexus cyst on his brain... I was terrified at first, but he looks 100% healthy otherwise so we're praying it's nothing... I will find out in a few weeks.

Anyway, it's so nice to read journeys of others that so closely resemble your own. Congratulations on your 3 boys... I'm sure you are loving every moment with them. Best of luck to you! (By the way, I also live in MA! We're so lucky to have IF coverage here.)